Dr. Juan Jorge Manríquez, Dermatologist of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, received the Panlar Prize with the work: "Determination of cardiovascular risk in patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis by analysis of microcirculation and biomarkers of endothelial dysfunction".
In the photograph from left to right: Dr. Felipe Schweitzer, Dr Enrique Soriano, elected president of Panlar. Dr. Cecilia Trejo, president of the Chilean Society of Rheumatology. Dr. Juan Jorge Manríquez, Dr. Viviana Maluje, Scientific Secretary of the Chilean Society of Rheumatology. Dr. Carlo V. Caballero, President of Panlar.
Requirements that were part of the selection of the winner:
The nomination term for the 2016 PANLAR Rheumatology Awards (Clinical or Basic Sciences Research), to be delivered in Washington, DC during the ACR meeting, is open. Applicants must have a maximum of 45 years as of October 1, 2016 and work and live in a country in Latin America.
The full application will be evaluated based on:
- Biosketch (page limit: 4)
- 2 letters of support
- Letter of support from your national society
- A short letter of introduction from the national association supporting the candidacy.
- Personal statement
- Research work done (page limit: 2)
- Research proposal according to the following format (page limit: 10, excluding references):
Background and relevance.
Preliminary work (relevant to the proposed study).
Design of the study (methods, expected results, limitations, schedule)
- Applications must be written in English.
- Full applications (without letters of support) must be submitted electronically to email@example.com, no later than August 5, 2016 at 5 p.m. (ET).
- Letters of support must be sent separately to the same email address.
- Applications will be evaluated by a team of jurors from different countries PANLAR.
- The final classification of applications will be based on a previously established and agreed score system.
The winner will be announced on September 26, 2016
- For additional information please contact: