The term to apply for one of the 6 full grants offered by PANLAR to the American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting to be held in San Diego in November 2017 is now open.
- 3 grants will cover: Registration, accommodation and return ticket.
- 3 grants will cover: Registration and a discount on accommodation.
- Special consideration shall be awarded to applicants from Bolivia, El Salvador, Honduras, Cuba, Nicaragua and Paraguay.
- Holding second citizenship does not exclude potential participants.
Applicant profile and documents required
- Applicants shall be final year rheumatology residents in a certified program.
- In case there are less than 6 applications from residents, recently graduated rheumatologists (max. 3 years) that are duly certified according to their country’s regulations, will be considered.
- Priority will be awarded to the applicant who authors an accepted abstract to present at the meeting (oral presentation, poster, etc.) or who co-authors an accepted paper or has submitted an abstract (proof necessary).
- An affidavit of English proficiency confirmed by the applicant’s service superior, as well as documentary evidence of advanced English studies.
- English CV.
- Letter of intention or grant request in English.
- Presentation letter from head of service or head of the rheumatology specialty course.
- Endorsement from the national rheumatology association, society or college.
- Passport and US entry visa with a validity of over 6 months.
Term and selection
- Full applications shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to submit applications is Thursday, September 28th, 2017.
- The PANLAR Managing Committee and the Science and Education Committee shall evaluate applications and publish results on Friday, October 6th, 2017.
- The decision reached by the PANLAR Executive Committee may not be challenged.